Take two! As I commented on the “Books Read” listing, I settled into a vastly different rhythm of life starting mid-December of 2016, so it made more sense to me to start my “year” then, rather than wait until January. (Also, I’ve been on a bread kick these past two weeks, and I wanted to remember what I made!)
- Breadmaker apple-raisin bread — surprisingly delicious!
- Breadmaker buttermilk wheat — slightly sour, but very fluffy, toast-worthy 33% whole wheat loaf
- Hot Bread Kitchen‘s Pepita Multigrain — SO good!!
- Good to the Grain-inspired Breakfast muffins — definitely making again!
- Hot Bread Kitchen’s Traditional Challah — Disappointingly stodgy
- My favourite sandwich bread
Previously… 2015’s bread-making!
- Bamsebröd — fairly reliable results; tasty
- Breadmaker “French” bread — really dry; probably wouldn’t repeat
- Breadmaker Sunflower Oat Wheat — too sweet, but otherwise good
- Sourdough dinner rolls — kind of a fail; longer times needed?
- Breadmaker “Pumpernickel” rye — too much cocoa, but not bad and really easy
- Sourdough Oatmeal loaf — made over 2 days; awesome!
- Sourdough banana bread — ehn; very chewy, but not “bready” enough to warrant the work
- Breadmaker Cinnamon Raisin Bread — too much cinnamon and not enough fat for my taste
- …alright, so I missed a week. But I did bake (and frost!) a pretty rocking bear-shaped birthday cake. So there.
- Sourdough “Tartine” loaf — pretty good (though a bit too soft)!