- While it’s true that I haven’t planted any of my seedlings outdoors yet, I am nonetheless glad (for the sake of my flowers) that while I was gone, Ottawa wasn’t hit by this:
- It was wonderful to see my parents, and get so much decided for the wedding — there’s actually some excitement now, rather than just dread and panic! — but I do wish that I wasn’t a complete clod who forgot her mom’s Mother’s Day present 4.5 hours away.
- I’m sorry mom. Happy Mother’s Day! …hopefully you can come up to visit soon, so I can give it to you then?
- My wedding dress no longer fits me as, according to the accusations of my (wonderful) seamstress, I’ve lost “at least” 3-5 pounds. Huh. Do you blame my recent flirtation with running? Because I do.
- People from my high school continue to be asymptotic in nature: where everyone (that you didn’t already know fairly well) starts off hazy, as time moves on, they trend more solidly towards “normal” (have a house, family, interests in short-term future goals; in short, they are a lot like yourself), or else they trend sharply towards “caricature”. Fun, but also a little eerie.
- It was fantastic to be able to spend so much time with my matron of honour and her husband! Usually I feel really rushed whenever I’m in town for the weekend; this time was a nice change.
- As research for a future bike trip, The Boy and I took the smaller highway (rather than the 401), and it was a very pleasant drive back. (The drive down had some blinding rains, so that wasn’t quite as pleasant, although having the radio crackle simultaneously to lightening flashes was pretty cool.)
There’s more, but that’s why this is merely a recap. Heading out to paddle practice tonight, and wondering how I’m still going to fit in three days of running a week until the race. (What’s that? My seamstress? Oh, don’t worry, I’m eating extra brownies to make up for it.)
Oh, this summer is shaping up to be gill-packed and fun. (Just need to remember to keep bringing my camera…)